We strive to honour the artisan by choosing handmade pieces to be proud of. Many of our pieces are vintage, pre-loved or one-off and often contain some imperfections that would not be found within regular retail outlets. We have sourced items from roadside artisans on islands in The Pacific to mud bhungas in the desert bordering Pakistan.
We feel that these imperfections add to the story and character of each item.
Please consider if this is right for you when shopping with us. We hope you'll see our products with the same eyes that we do.
We will be as accurate and honest as we can in our product descriptions to ensure that you are fully informed about the quality, colours and details of what you intending to purchase. If you have any queries we are more than happy to discuss the item further. We will endeavour to reply to your query as quickly as we can.
We ship out orders every second day. If you wish for something to be sent immediately please do let us know and we will try as best we can to accomodate this for you.
Please note, under general circumstances The Silk Road does not refund. We will however, exchange an item with the following conditions;
- Products returned within 7 working days of delivery may be exchanged for an item of equal value. If you would like to exchange for an item of greater value you may do so upon receipt of payment of the difference. We can arrange this with you via email.
- Unless the product received is incorrect, the customer will be responsible for postage fees to return the item. Original postage fees shall not be refunded. We recommend using a traceable method of post to ensure the safe delivery of your item, as we will do for you.
- Products must be returned in the original condition.
- International Exchanges- We extend the same policy but allow 28 days for you to return the item to us. Please note we can not accept responsibility for any customs/duty fees incurred in the return of your item and your original postage fees will not be refunded.
- Exchanges are not permitted on sale items.
We hope you enjoy your shopping experience with The Silk Road and may we thank you in advance for joining us in supporting and celebrating artisans from across the world.